Tuesday, April 14, 2009

THE LORD IS MY TRUE SHEPHERD



THE LORD IS MY TRUE SHEPHERD

Based on Psalm 23 (76 76 D)

Words by Omer Westendorf

Music by J. Roel Lungay

Arranged and performed by Fr. J. Roel Lungay

1
The Lord is my true shepherd,
My needs and wants He knows;
He feeds me in green pastures
And there gives me repose.

2
He leads me to cool waters
Where He refreshes me;
Along safe paths He guides me,
True to His name is He.

(Interlude)

3
Though I should walk in darkness
No evil would I fear;
Your rod and staff give comfort
For you are ever near.

4
You spread a sumptuous banquet
In sight of all my foes;
With oil You do annoint me,
My cup now overflows.

(Interlude)

5
His goodness and His kindness
Shall ever follow me;
His house shall be my dwelling
For all eternity.

6
Give praise to God the Father,
To Christ His only Son
And to the Holy Spirit -
True God in essence One.

(Interlude)

Text © 1962 World Library Publications. Permission to use pending

Music © 1994 Fro’s Music. International Copyright Secured
All Rights Reserved


















No comments:

Post a Comment