Tuesday, April 14, 2009

PEACE



PEACE

Words by Garnett Ann Schultz

Music by J. Roel Lungay

Arranged and performed by Fr. J. Roel Lungay

1
Peace in my heart -
This is my prayer -
Quiet contentment,
To have and to share.
Each new tomorrow
Blessed and real,
Each wondrous dawning
A daybreak ideal.

2
Peace in my home -
This I would ask -
Sharing each burden
To lighten our task.
Laughter abundant,
So much that's worthwhile;
Faith, hope and courage,
A bright happy smile.

3
Peace in this country -
This is my dream!
Peace we must cherish,
Joyous supreme.
No more of hatred,
No more of crime.
Peacefulness only,
In your heart and mine.

4
Peace in our world -
This is my prayer -
With one God to guide us
And one God to care.
All of us neighbors
Then surely we'll see
That peace is the answer
To eternity.

(Interlude)

From the book, Rejoice (1993)
Used by permission of New Hope Books
All Rights Reserved

Music © 1996 Fro’s Music. International Copyright Secured
All Rights Reserved
















No comments:

Post a Comment