Tuesday, April 14, 2009

WHEN DAY IS DONE


WHEN DAY IS DONE

Words by Richard E. Reybolt

Music by J. Roel Lungay

Arranged and performed by Fr. J. Roel Lungay

1
This day so full of promise
Has slowly slipped away
Like dying coals upon the fire
Where logs of oak once lay.

(Repeat)

Refrain:
Some victories, some losses
With work yet to be done,
People who will need me,
Struggles to be won.

2
So I kneel before my bed
To thank God for this day.
I ask for nothing but His grace
That love might light my way.

3
Gone forever is this day
Content I've done my best
I hand it over now to God
And seek His peaceful rest.

(Repeat Refrain)

From New Hope Book (1993)
Used by permission. All Rights Reserved

Music © 1996 Fro’s Music. International Copyright Secured
All Rights Reserved
















No comments:

Post a Comment